ELECTROMAGNETIC TRANSPORT SYSTEMS FOR THE
· The Florida Institute of Phosphate Research was created in 1978 by the Florida Legislature (Chapter 378.101, Florida Statutes) and empowered to conduct research supportive to the . transportation costs are a . for pneumatic drives. Pneumatic capsule pipelines have a …
Electromagnetic Transport Systems for the Phosphate Industry
Development of the Magplane electromagnetic capsule pipeline system was initiated by the desire of the Florida Phosphate Industry to find a cost effective way to reduce the environmental impact of conventional transportation of their very large quantities of material.
Drone discovers 2nd breach concern in Florida phosphate
· A drone discovered a possible second breach in a large Florida wastewater reservoir as more pumps were headed to the site to prevent a catastrophic …
Florida blames 'vulture' investor who owns phosphate plant
· HRK Holdings, a shell company that owns the Piney Point phosphate plant, is in the crosshairs of Florida officials 'I'd love to string them up, but the reality of the situation is they have one.
Florida dismisses 2nd breach risk at phosphate reservoir
· Engineers and dam safety specialists evaluating the danger of a catastrophic flood from a leaking Florida wastewater reservoir determined that the threat of a possible second breach was “unsubstantiated,” the Florida Department of Environmental Protection said. Meanwhile, the agency said dozens of pumps and 10 vacuum trucks have been deployed to remove 35 million gallons (132 million .
Leak At Phosphate Plant Could Threaten Tampa Bay | WUSF
· An aerial image shows the Piney Point processing plant, lower right, and Tampa Bay to the left. The leak could signal a repeat of a breach in the gypstack retention pond that killed untold numbers of fish and marine life a decade ago. A leak at a troubled phosphate processing plant in Manatee County .
Millions Of Gallons Of Toxic Water Continue To Flow Into
· Toxic water continues to pour out of a leaking phosphate retention pond into Tampa Bay. There is concern the pond could collapse. Millions of gallons of polluted water have poured into Tampa Bay since the breach was first reported over the weekend.. Jeff Barath is an engineer on site with HRK Holdings, which manages the closed Piney Point plant.
Florida Works to Avoid 'Catastrophic' Pond Collapse
· Palmetto, Fla. (AP) -- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Sunday that crews are working to prevent the collapse of a large wastewater pond in the Tampa …
Pumping Florida Reservoir Water Into Tampa Bay Could Be
A reservoir of a defunct phosphate plant south of Tampa, where a leak at a waste water reservoir forced the evacuation of hundreds of homes and threatened to flood the area and Tampa Bay with polluted water, is seen in an aerial photograph taken in Piney Point, Florida. Drone Base/Reuters
Evacuations expand as Manatee phosphate plant collapse
· A Florida Highway Patrol cruiser blocks the road near the old Piney Point phosphate plant site in Palmetto on Friday evening as officials feared a breach. [ IVY CEBALLO | Times ]
Fertilizer Movement By Rail | Seeking Alpha
· The above presentation notes that CSX is the only rail provider for phosphate in the Bone Valley area of Florida. It notes that every year railcars …
Piney Point plant leak: Manatee County declares state of
· Manatee County commissioners declared a local state of emergency on Thursday evening in response to a leak at the former Piney Point fertilizer processing plant. The leak has put phosphogypsum .
*In the trade the phosphate content of phosphate rock and fertilizer is commonly re ported as Ca3(PO4 >2, known as bone phosphate of lime (B.P.L.). To convert PjOs to B.P.L., multiply percentage P2Os by 2.18. To convert to P, multiply percentage P2Os by 0.436.
IMC Fertilizer Group, Inc. -- Company History
In 1900 it gained control of two companies engaged in the Florida phosphate mines, Florida Mining Company and Peoria Pebble Phosphate Company. Because Florida's phosphate fields, located in the central and northern parts of the state, were richer and easier to mine than those of Tennessee, they soon became the backbone of the U.S. phosphate .
What's Going On At Piney Point? 5 Things You Should Know
· The Florida Senate also approved a state budget proposal that would dedicate $3 million to the initial cleanup at Piney Point, Bay News 9 reported. It next goes to the Florida House for approval.
Florida to close wastewater reservoir with leak history
1 day ago · Florida Wastewater Reservoir Leak Effluent flows from a pipe into a drainage ditch at Port Manatee South Gate on Tuesday, April 6, 2021, in Palmetto, Fla., where authorities responding to a leaking wastewater pond at the old Piney Point phosphate plant reopened a nearby stretch of U.S. 41 that had been closed for days between Manatee and Hillsborough counties.
Florida Toxic Waste Emergency Could Help Biden Win Rare
· Florida Toxic Waste Crisis Could Be Key to China Rare Earths Fight Cleaning up radioactive tailings from old phosphate mines could be an …
Radioactive Material From Fertilizer Production | RadTown
· Phosphate rock mining is the fifth largest mining industry in the United States in terms of the amount of material mined. The phosphate industry is concentrated in the southeastern United States. About 90% of phosphate is mined in Florida, North Carolina, and Tennessee.